Friday, June 4, 2010

In sync...

One thing I really enjoy about the LLB studies are how all the pieces seem to fall together so well. No matter what I am reading it seems to have value and tie into several of the courses. For example, I'm working on the Slapper and Kelly book right now and it is really is clear and enjoyable. Much of the material overlaps with what is presented on the Open University's free internet courses on the law. In addition, I've had a look at a website which supports the Slapper and Kelly book and the material there also works brilliantly to build on what you read. Finally, I'm managed to find Slapper's column that he writes for The Times. It is a bit off-beat compared to what is found in the book (he writes about weird cases) but he manages to put an amusing turn on the material. All in all, it seems to be a strong foundation for learning.

In other news, out of the blue this week I heard from a friend who works in the finance department in a big law firm in London. It was great to catch up and he was also kind enough to pass me some information about the vacations schemes at his firm. I know it is most likely too early for me to be thinking about a vac scheme but I thought it was too good of an opportunity to pass up. I've got all the information and I will try and see what happens in the autumn. A number of firms have a one week programme around Christmas and that would be ideal. More articles to follow on this subject in the months to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment